- Maine Omnibus Energy Bill cleared by committee Saturday, 25 May 2013, 3:12 am
The bill aims to support expanding natural-gas pipelines and fund energy-efficiency efforts.
- No change of heart on Maine hospital debt Friday, 24 May 2013, 11:09 pm
AUGUSTA, Maine (AP) — Gov. Paul LePage and Democratic lawmakers had no change of heart Friday on a bill to repay a $484 million debt to Maine hospitals and expand Medicaid.
- Lawyer wants documents in Maine teen death sealed Friday, 24 May 2013, 7:16 pm
BANGOR, Maine (AP) — The lawyer for a Maine man charged with killing a 15-year-old girl wants a judge to keep affidavits and search warrants with details about the case under seal.
- Maine governor switches TV message Friday, 24 May 2013, 6:54 pm
AUGUSTA, Maine (AP) — Gov. Paul LePage, who got in a tussle with legislative leaders for having a television running outside his office, is still staying away from his State House office in protest.. […]
- Maine law to set grading system for maple syrup Friday, 24 May 2013, 5:33 pm
Maine is one of the nation's top maple syrup-producing states, and Gov. Paul LePage has signed a bill to change the way the sweet product is graded. LePage on Thursday put his name on a bill that repl. […]
- Maine officials warn of vacation scams Friday, 24 May 2013, 9:03 am
AUGUSTA, Maine (AP) — Maine Attorney General Janet Mills is advising consumers to be leery of vacation deals popping up this time of the year. Mills says if the deal sounds too good to be true, it p. […]
- Maine governor moves out of office over TV dispute Friday, 24 May 2013, 1:07 am
AUGUSTA, Maine (AP) — Maine's governor, who has gained attention in the past for telling the NAACP to "kiss my butt" and comparing the Internal Revenue Service to the Gestapo, has moved out of his o. […]
- AP, others fight for details in Maine girl's death Thursday, 23 May 2013, 10:13 pm
BANGOR, Maine (AP) — Two news organizations on Thursday challenged a judge's decision to keep the public from learning the details of a case against a man charged with killing a 15-year-old girl.
- Maine Medicaid expansion passes but governor sets veto Thursday, 23 May 2013, 9:44 pm
By Dave Sherwood BOWDOINHAM, Maine (Reuters) - Maine's Democratic-controlled legislature on Thursday passed a bill to expand access to its Medicaid program as outlined by the Affordable Care Act, sett. […]
- Maine bill to pay $484M hospital debt approved Thursday, 23 May 2013, 8:40 pm
AUGUSTA, Maine (AP) — With the threat of a veto looming, the Maine Senate nevertheless gave final approval Thursday to a bill to pay off a $484 million debt to Maine hospitals while expanding Medica. […]