- Bouffard named warden of Maine State Prison Wednesday, 22 May 2013, 11:06 pm
WARREN, Maine (AP) — The acting warden at Maine State Prison has been named warden, state officials announced Wednesday.
- Path unclear if LePage vetoes Maine hospital bill Wednesday, 22 May 2013, 9:41 pm
AUGUSTA, Maine (AP) — Even though Gov. Paul LePage's office made it clear Wednesday he'll veto a bill to pay off a $484 million debt to Maine hospitals because of an amendment to expand Medicaid, De. […]
- Veto of subsidy study upheld by Maine House Wednesday, 22 May 2013, 9:32 pm
AUGUSTA, Maine (AP) — The Maine House has upheld Gov. Paul LePage's veto of a bill calling for a study of rental subsidies for people with intellectual disabilities.
- Maine home sales jump 14 percent in April Wednesday, 22 May 2013, 7:34 pm
The Maine Association of Realtors says sales of existing single-family homes in Maine jumped 14 percent in April compared to a year earlier, and the median sales price increased 4 percent. The associa. […]
- Maine man appears in court in missing teen's death Wednesday, 22 May 2013, 6:19 pm
BANGOR, Maine (AP) — A 15-year-old girl found dead in woods north of Bangor knew the man charged with killing her, her best friend said, contrary to a report from her mother that she left her Glenbu. […]
- Maine pipeline eyes plan to ship Canada oil sands crude Wednesday, 22 May 2013, 5:12 pm
The little-known operator of a pipeline linking Montreal and Maine is studying how to make the line the first route to get Canadian oil sands crude to an Atlantic deepwater port, but the plan relies o. […]
- Maine casino sale awaits state approval Wednesday, 22 May 2013, 12:02 pm
AUGUSTA, Maine (AP) — Maine's Gambling Control Board has ruled that the Oxford Casino won't be asked to apply for a new operator's license if a sale to the company that owns the home of the Kentucky. […]
- House approves Maine hospital debt repayment Wednesday, 22 May 2013, 2:16 am
AUGUSTA, Maine (AP) — After a four-hour debate Tuesday, the House of Representatives approved a bill that would pay off Maine's $484 million debt to the state's hospitals, agreeing to go along with. […]
- Man charged in death of missing Maine teenager Wednesday, 22 May 2013, 12:01 am
BANGOR, Maine (AP) — When 16-year-old Nichole Cable left home May 12, she told her family she was heading out to see someone she'd met on Facebook.
- Maine university tuition rates to be frozen Tuesday, 21 May 2013, 2:39 pm
University of Maine System trustees voted Monday to freeze tuition rates for the upcoming school year at 2012 levels for in-state undergraduate students. Trustees voted in Bangor on the system's opera. […]